Friday, June 8, 2012

HIKE AND CONSTRUCTION OF GRAND COWLEY DAM 5/20/2012

First, let us say, "We are very proud of our masculine, manly, physically fit son, Kevin!  Isn't he the picture of grandiose manliness!!"
Here we are getting ready to go on a hike with he and his family and he has to peacock around the parking lot first!  Show off!!

Finally we all get up to a trail next to some river, up some canyon, east of Provo and we are ready!!




Then Batman finds a creek and decides that it is the right thing to do to disrobe and play in the 34 degree water!



Grandma and Pineapple decide thet watching is a better decision.



But Batman beckons to his dad, "C'mon in Dad!  The water's fine!"



Dad joins son and ideas begin to flow!!  Hey, this is a damable creek!  We can have some dam fun! 



This rock over here......



...and this rock over there.....
.... a few more in place here....



...hey, this is dam fun!!!!



Then the dam engineering inspectors arrive and begin directing the dam construction!!!



Is there room here for a salmon fish ladder?



Yup, the flow over the dam spillway seems right!!  All is well!  I christen thee, "The Grand Cowley Dam #34"!!!



Now, lets find a big steep water fall called Bridal Falls and climb it as a family!!!!



This'll do!!  Let's go!!!
 Wait a minute, I'll carry her and you carry him.  No, I'll climb and you carry both!  No, the water is too cold!! I don't want to be carried!!  Me do!!!  Me do!!!   And so on!!!!!!!



Who's on first??



Okay, I'm going by myself!!



See, I made it all the way up here by myself!  wait a minute!  Who's that on my shoulders???   Batman, how'd you get up here???   I ride Daddy!!!
And thus we come to the end of a nice peaceful little hike up some canyon near Prove.  Family outings are so much fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this and all the pics. It's so much fun to see and "hear" what you're doing together. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete